Sunday, March 25, 2012

FEMALE FIREFIGHTERS FIGHTING FIRE ... uuuuh ... Wait a minute?!?

Did you see this? (click) When I first saw this .... the forward thinker that I am .... I thought "What is the big deal? SO, the ladies had to come from some wedding to put out the car fire!" Not quite. Those are male firefighters who jump off their fundraising float ..... not sure how that works dressing in drag to raise money ....... in a parade to put this fire out.

This reminded me of a riddle I heard as a kid in the '70's ... I saw it later in an "All In the Family" episode too ..... I was hangin' at the community pool when this annoying younger kid I usually avoided came up to tell me this riddle:
  • A man and his son are driving home from a basketball game,when they have a terrible accident.The man is taken to the emergency room for treatment and the boy is taken straight to the operating table. The surgeon comes over to the operating table, sees the boy and says,"I can't operate on this patient, he's my son!" Who is the doctor?
I gave her that tiresome look like I always gave her .... in my head I was saying what kind of riddle is this you weirdo ........... and blurted out: "It's his mother!". To her surprise I knew the answer.

Why wasn't I suppose to know the answer? Did I mention it was the '70's? This riddle stumped many many many people then because no one could imagine or even dare think women could be surgeons ....... ladies things have changed for the better some what! However, now I see men in drag and think they are women just doing their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!