Sunday, February 10, 2013

IRRITATING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES ...... OR THE MAN WHO SECRETLY WANTS TO JOIN A BEDOUIN NOMAD DESERT TRIBE


Welcome to the Equator …..  or as my family likes to call it HOME! With the advance of the cold weather season, my house has been progressively getting hotter. It started around October, …. a time of year for moderate temperatures across the rest of the northern hemisphere  …….  a time when the AC is officially done and the furnace has yet to be turned on. However,  in my household I found we were testing that furnace whenever possible for expected onslaught of  winter.

There were crisp Fall days when I came home from work and discovered the longer I was in the house the more I was sensing a “funny feeling” starting to well up.  Now when you’re over 50 and somewhat pre-menopausal, “funny feelings” stir nothing but self-induced panic thinking you’re about to have a heart attack.  So, you start self-medicating in case the paramedics don’t get there in time by quickly chewing an aspirin ….. Tip: I read if you chew the aspirin instead of just swallowing it gets the Heart attack preventive benefits into the blood stream quicker (and you thought this blog was just all snark!) ……..  and drinking a gallon of water in case it’s just dehydration …. Oh and running the vacuum, spraying the Fabreeze and loading the dishwasher cause you don’t the Paramedics to think you’re a pig  ……  With my head spinning and my neck and wrists still sweating for some reason I checked the thermostat  ……  it was on 73!!!!!!  73 !!!! It was only 65 outside !!! In Pennsylvania that’s balmy!  

The past four months in this house it has continued to be more of the same. I feel an ER visit and find the thermostat on 75 !!!!!  ….. with a record 78 being the highest I have found it on.  GOO? … oh he has retreated to the upstairs …. Where heat rises to …. before I get home each night to do his medical care and watch TV.  

A few nights ago, after being home for a few hours and having adjusted the thermostat to where usual mortals breathe and survive, I thought it safe to venture into the upstair roasting sanctuary to clean a few things before TV primetime  …... unfortunately it was a little too soon. In addition, to my ever running furnace while I am at work, unbeknownst to me there are also 2 space heaters …. 1 in my bedroom and 1 in the GOO office …….  doing overtime!  Usually as I am climbing the stairs, I normally feel a slight temperature adjustment but, this time it was a hemisphere adjustment.  In a matter of seconds it felt as though I went through some invisible space-time continuum from Siberia to the Amazon rainforest.  A few times, I had to shake my head as though I thought I saw a mirage of the heat waves rising from the ground of the Serengeti with Giraffes passing by.  I got as far as scrubbing the toilet and bathroom sink to where my pulse was racing and my forehead was starting to form droplets.  Breathing heavily, I announced to the GOO man ……  comfortably lounging on the bed watching the MYTV network …” I can’t take it anymore!!! I’m going downstairs!”.  I beelined for the thermostat as soon as my feet hit the hardwood in the downstairs entryway with mind telling me it must be time for the AC!!!  Cooler heads …. literally …. prevailed in the seconds from the staircase to the thermostat as my body felt instant relief in the 70 deg living room. In a state nearing an almost heat stroke however, I hit the thermostat button till it said 67! 

Upstairs nearing the equator where I was in the state of perpetual perspiration, I swear I thought I could hear the GOO say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!