Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I WANNA GO THERE .........


THERE is the island of Santorini in Greece  ...... other than this breathtaking view I have no idea what is there!  When I see travel photos of Greece it is always either of the Parthenon or this. So overlooking this blue Aegean Lagoon must be the highlight of a .... future? .... Grecian Adventure ...... speaking of adventure that little ship in the left corner reminds me a little of "Jason and the Argonauts" ......... Santorini also appears to be a favorite stop of Mediterranean Cruise ships but I just can't bring myself to do that cruise thing  .... to many germies and close quarters for me. Lets see .... lets see ...... how else could I get there ...... Ah! there are flights from Athens. Athens is only 10 hours away from Pennsylvania or there is a ferry from Piraues ....uh .... where the hell is that?  .... oh! it is part of Athens .... why don't they just say ferry is from Athens!?!?!? ......    How long is the ferry ride? .... 10 hours! ..... of course! .....  getting to a place I want to see is never easy!

As I sit in my house battling the GOO for thermostat control, knowing it is a windchill factor of 8 deg outside ....... I dream of sunnier places to see someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!