Saturday, March 2, 2013

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY .....


If ever I get around to building that house I’ve been dreaming of for years, I plan to incorporate a regal Master suite so awe-inspiringly virtuosic that people who visit shall be so “jealuss”!  And in contemporary terms, what would a proper MASTER bath be without a jetted tub! Yeeeees …. My luxury bubble making machine would have cream colored terrazzo covering the platform for me to sit on as I slide effortlessly in and out of my spa. The tub will be also niched into a custom boxed bay, walled in with nothing but windows ….. I haven’t quite figured out how the neighbors won’t see me yet, I’m working on it! ……… I shall fill it every evening with warm …. No  …no … hot as I can stand it water and soak my worries away ………………… aaaaahhhhhh!!!

Snap snap snap …….. sorry I’m back! I been researching the jetted tub and sometimes stay at places just because there is THAT tub. I don’t know about you but, I haven’t quite gotten to the Nirvana I described above when I’m in one. First off,  there is the jets …… Yes I’m bitching about the jets that make it bubbly …… every time I try to back into one for that lower back “massage”, I end up giving myself an unneeded enema! Then there is the weird configuration …… that are sculpted to match the curves of your body ….. after I get past the unwelcomed water intrusion, I get uncomfortable in those "ergonomic" seats and just end up floating around in the middle away from them. Most of the tubs do not reheat the water so it is only hot for like 10 minutes after you waited 30 to fill it !!! Don’t even get me started on what I found out about the mold and bacteria making their homes inside the jets if not properly cleaned. YUuuuuCKKKK ... you dont want to know!!!

So, now, I’m back to basics. I just want a nice big old-fashioned soaking tub … with a heater of course! I’m thinking of this style :


Pretty basic uuuhhh? ……………….. I’m so over the Jacuzzi ……

2 comments:

  1. I had to blow up the pic because it looked like a big banana! A hammock tub! That is very unusual, I would be afraid of falling out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be afraid of the bottom blowing out from the weight of me and the water .... not to mention those flimsy looking hooks on the wall ..... OMG if the builder misses attaching them to the framing they will just pull out of the walll ahhhhhh ..... mayhem everywhere !!!!! Its pretty just not practical .......

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!