Thursday, April 15, 2010

AN EVENING OUT FOR THE HOUSEWIVES

I just came home from a jewelry party. I did not know people still did this! … my sister in-law hosted, I like her, I went …….. 20 years ago you could not get away from these home parties. At least once a month a friend or relative had a Tupperware, CandleLite and/or Partylite candles, Home Interiors, Pampered Chef, Stanley home products, Christmas Around the World, Longaberger baskets, Sarah Coventry, Mary Kay Cosemtics, Northern Lights, Queens Way to Fashion, …. These are just the ones I remember the company name.

There were more home parties that sold original oil paintings, lingerie … AND we tried this stuff on! Now I wonder how many parties were these “clothes” tried on? Eeeeeewwww ….., decorative house crap, more candles, gourmet foods, cookies, and the oddest one ….. and I remember my friends were really in to it at one time …. Fabric paints! We did pictures … framed them too…. and clothing ….. like the paint by number stuff! What the hell were we thinking???? We MUST have been drinking to much back then ……..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!