Sunday, July 25, 2010

IRRATATING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES …. OR how he plans to collect my insurance policy …. A WORKING TITLE …..

Its almost eight months now since my husband rear-ended a car in front of us. The airbag prematurely deployed and broke both bones ….. in half …. in my right forearm. SO, there I was …. The Martha Stewart of PA … with a broken hand/arm 2 weeks before Christmas! Picture this: instead of Rockefeller Center it was Dan an Roseanne Conner’s hovel! I wasn’t happy BUT ….. Did I blame him?Did I scream at him for this unnecessary grief …. Did I put arsenic in his chocolate chip cookies? … that I still made by the way …. NO …. I was THE model of constraint! That is until yesterday ………….
THE PRELUDE ……. Since the accident, if I’m in the car with him, I admit I have been critical of his driving …. slow down! …. You just rolled through that stop sign ….. you are following too close …. You just cut that guy off …. You are driving in the middle of the road …. Oh, its not like any of this is new. He has been driving this way since I met him …. I just never said anything! Two days ago he was literally a couple of feet away from having the passenger side hit ….. I was the passenger and YES we have side air bags …… all so he could cut in front of a car and be first.
THE INTERLUDE ….. Yesterday, he cut across a yellow line … there were 3 lanes on the other side, 2 turning one straight ….. just beside a car going the OPPOSITE direction …. Who was probably thinking what an ASSHOLE …… ALL so he could make a left turn into McDonald’s. Since I almost got killed for a BIG MAC, I could not let it go and said: “Look at this! Now he is crossing double yellow lines!”. He lost it! He started screaming at me that I had to stop it! He turned out of McDonald’s and started speeding home. At the first red light he stopped. I got out of the car ….. I did not care how far I was from home …. Or the fact I had thongs on, ouch! …. or how busy the road was, I’d show him I was the master of my own destiny and my next broken limbs! He sped off. Oh, he did come back for me but, in true “drama Queen” style I would not get back in the car. That’s right …. on a busy suburban residential street we had a screaming match as he drove by trying to get me in … fun times! I finally got in … NOTE to self: Do not try to walk 2 miles in thongs ….. the ride home was chilly and it wasn’t the AC!
THE FINALTUDE ….. If you invite us anywhere make sure there is enough parking for our TWO cars. I’m flying solo from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Uhm . . . that is why, when going ANYWHERE with my hubby, I always drive. I set the rules of driving when we started dating and they were set in concrete! The only time I ever let hubby drive was 25 years ago, when I knew I was too drunk to drive. People are always amazed that I am the driver (even when we drive to Florida, I never let him drive!), but when your insurance company puts you on the "high risk" plan, I know I made the right decision all those years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't driven together since and we about to go somewhere. Lets see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!