Sunday, August 1, 2010

"P.A. CUPCAKES" ... OR you won't see this on TLC!

I read on YAHoO! a few days ago that the cupcake fad is waning. About time! I never got this fad. Cupcakes are just little cake. WHO WANTS little CAKE? I mean, I consider myself a cake connoisseur. Cake is MY dessert of choice. Not really cookies, pies, ice cream or even … yes get ready to feel the earth shake …. Cheesecake. Oh, don’t get me wrong I’ll eat all that stuff but, I’m really hoping for a 2 inch slice of 4 layer cake with an inch of icing on top.

Yesterday, I went to two picnics and I thought what could I make. You guessed it ….. if the fad is hitting the skids I’ll make sure it goes out with a bang! Now to start I couldn’t just buy 1 box of cake mix. I bought 3 PLUS 8 container of icing …. Yes 8! That is NOT a typo. I found out early that a can of icing only covers 10 cupcakes iced gourmet style …... a bag of toffee pieces, instant coffee packs, colored sugar, confectioners sugar, cream cheese, chili laced chocolate bar, gourmet chili pepper, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, food coloring, peanut butter, raspberry fruit preserves, and flavoring extracts. I mean isn’t the many varieties you can create part of the craze? So, between two days, and 10 hours …. including the shopping for the ingredients …. I created:


  • Red Velvet & Cream Cheese

  • Chocolate & Chocolate

  • Espresso & Toffee

  • Vanilla & Peanut Butter

  • Vanilla & Orange

  • Sunset Red Velvet & Orange

  • Vanilla & Chocolate

  • Almond & Raspberry

  • South American Hot Chocolate

…. Now I really hate this fad! But to my surprise when I brought these confections to my two events everyone swarmed over them like I just set down a platter of jewels and said help yourself. I think the fad is still going strong YAHoO! Me on the other hand, am officially over it!

4 comments:

  1. Give yourself some credit there, Martha Stewart of PA! The reason everyone swarmed over your cupcakes, is because you have the magic touch when it comes to your food! It always tastes yummy!! And not just your baking . . . I bow down to you Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over all the icing containers in the recycle bin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAH! You made all these while I was AWAY?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you win some, lose some .... you would have loved the South American Hot Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!