Monday, May 28, 2012

IRRITATING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES ..... or the old creepy guy in the neighborhood w/ the lawn ornaments ... a working title


It is official my G.O.O. is one of them! By one of them I mean an old person who is obsessed with obtaining more yard ….. errrrr … art. It happened slowly ….. almost so I didn’t even notice …… I guess I have to take some of the blame. 15 years ago when Angels were popular, I bought six small garden angels. They all were doing something different … playing the harp, French horn, sitting, standing .. . you get the idea. They were only about six inches tall. You could barely notice them peeking from behind the Hydrangea bushes. Most of them broke over the years and I bought 2 more to peer from the hostas. G.O.O.  …. who barely if ever even steps into the yard …. called them the “creepy angels”.  I'm also guilty of buying some solar lights for around the fire pit that stay with my ethereal theme but, that 's all I swear!

A few years ago when he went on his disability …. kidney issues …. he decided he would be spending more time smelling the roses sitting in yard. Of course, he needed  the soothing sounds of a fountain to accomplish his vision of garden serenity. Not just any fountain would do …. We shopped around the whole summer …. finally he chose/bought a fountain. From there on every time we go near a garden department he was starting to shop for ‘Gnome” statuary and tacky yard balls  ….. he would put it in the cart I would take it out …..  HE GOT ONE PAST ME! SO, there he is my .... FIRST??? ...  yard gnome! 

He stares at me through my kitchen window. Ho hum …. It could have been worse. G.O.O. really wanted to make a homage to his favorite TV show … The Walking Dead …. kinda of like this ………


Now he is talking more gnomes, solar fountains and ponds.  I don’t how he is gonna see it all from the living room couch in the air-conditioned house! I need to hide this picture before he gets anymore creative  ideas ……

2 comments:

  1. It's not really bad until you're buying a yard goose and DRESSING IT FOR THE SEASONS. That's when I send you both to the retirement community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad makes fun of those too! I may sense he protest too much afterall! SO, where should I tell him you would like to see it?

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!