Monday, June 11, 2012

THE HYPOCRITE’S GUIDE TO HEALTHY


After almost five months of following my New Year's Resolution and changing my diet over to more healthy eating,  I was at the stand still of a tired old 5 lb weight lost. Ho Hum  ……. I HAD  to get serious …AND I did!!! I found the DASH Diet …. The answer to what I was trying to make-up on my own.  Now I am down another 8 lbs in 8 DAYS!!! YEAH!!!

Things I realized that work for me:
STRUCTURE – I NEED STRUCTURE!!! The diet has to be written down on what I have to eat each meal. I can’t be making up my own stuff: Lemon cooked Salmon w/ a side spinach salad followed by a quart of Baskin Robbins Pralines & Cream didn’t do it. Imagine that!

DON’T WEIGH YOURSELF EVERYDAY – Some days your scale says you lost nothing. Nothing after making yourself eat quinoa.  Losing nothing makes you depress. Being depressed makes you say: “WTH?”  and you go eat a Quart of  Baskin Robbins Pralines & Cream . Weight yourself every other day OR GO LONGER!!! Be delightfully happy with that 1 pound then.

I ordered some daily menu and recipe books ... they better get here soon  ....  I've already figured out the nearest Baskin Robbins is 15 miles away! You would think after a lifetime of dieting I would get better at this!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...Pralines and Cream is the best. Baskin and Robbins is right down the street, though I've managed to keep myself away most of the time. Ben and Jerry's however...

    I have to weigh myself everyday, that way if I see it bounce up a pound or two, I know I have to change something. "Experts" can never make up their minds on how often you should though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I weighed myself the last three days and it looks as though I lost nothing so, I ate normal stuff. Normal stuff doesn't = weight lost

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!