Sunday, June 24, 2012

THE HYPOCRITE’S GUIDE TO HEALTHY

Still on my DASH DIET .... down 16 lbs !!!

THINGS I REALIZED THAT WORK FOR ME THIS WEEK ... Quit eating salad! Yes, you read that right .... QUIT EATING SALAD!!!! I have not had a side salad all week. Side Salads are boring. If you are like me you can not eat a dry salad. You need dressing and your crunchies ...i.e., croutons. CRUNCHIES + DRESSING = ALL YOUR FATS FOR THE DAY!

I 'd rather use my fat allowance in cooking my food/sauce or in the sprinkle cheese I'm going to have to use to make everything taste better. Of course, there is no way around it ...... you have to get your veggies!  This week I took my cup of fresh spinach leaves, threw them in the pan with one quick stir to steam them just as I was done cooking my meal. It was still crunchie .... okay it isn't a nice buttery crouton ..... and had enough flavor from the other food/sauce to cover that "raw" taste  .... apologies to Carol Alt .  

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Mamma! Yes, salads are a deathtrap, especially here in America. I work with some Brits who say they never heard of the concept of a "salad as a meal" (with all the toppings we add) before coming here. They love it, but they're all skinny (for now)!

    I'm down 14 myself :) Keep going! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhhh goood for you too!!! Like I said I 've lost nothing this week so far and see failure this weekend due to a "SPIDEY-RIFIC" party we are going to on Saturday. Party = cake CAKE AND ICE CREAM my favorite dessert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well?? How is the DASH diet working? Update please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been bad girl lately .... trying to get back on it STEADY hope to hit the 20 lbs mark by next week .... its been long enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!