Wednesday, March 3, 2010

JFK Airport Control Tower: “No Buddy here, just us kids!”

Last month (FEBRUARY) during a winter break in the NYC school system, a child was heard clearing planes for takeoff from the control tower at JFK. The five taped transmissions were posted on a Web site for air traffic control listening buffs. Within the audio clips a boy can be heard saying in one exchange, "JetBlue 171 contact departure." The undaunted pilot responded, "Over to departure JetBlue 171, awesome job."

The pilot said: “awesome job” ? Hmmmm …. I going to hazard a guess and say this is NOT the first time a child has been at the helm of a control tower. Follow me here ….. The fourth Thursday in April is National “Bring Your Daughter/Son to Work Day”. How many children are in control towers on THAT day I wonder? I don’t think this is the first time this has happen. I believe it to be the first time anyone raised an alarm.

The Federal Aviation Administration ….. covering their butts ….. stated they are investigating.

OH ... ahhhh … Candice, by the way, wasn’t that flight I booked for you on a JetBlue from JKF?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Wes and I are flying out of JFK. I'm not worried. It was probably just a midget.

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!