Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE HOUSE THAT JOEPA BUILT

Whatever the circumstances JoePa left PENN STATE in …. Did he do enough or didn’t he?? …. won’t be questioned by his supporters any more. I only hope that the evil disturbing man that initiated JoePa's untimely departure will get his in TENFOLD.

My ex-Bro-in-law is a PENN STATE alumnus who buys PENN STATE football season tickets every year and pretty much spends most of the game partying in the parking space he “donated” $5,000 for, right up against Beaver Stadium ….. PENN STATE’s football stadium by the way! He gave me his ticket to me once and my sister and I went inside to watch the football game. I'm not really a big fan of college football. I only went in for one reason: Just so I could say I saw Joe Paterno coach a game. Who knew how much longer Joe Paterno … who was 77 at the time … would be coaching afterall?

When we got to the “seats” ….. actually they are bleachers with painted lines denoting how much space you are allotted ….. I could not help but take in how immense Beaver Stadium is ….. give me a break I’m a civil engineer … I build things … I could care less about football game remember?? .... It was the structure that caught my eye. I had to ask someone … probably not my BIL. He had been in the parking lot too long by then & actually I think it was Sis … to find out it held about 100,000 people. Okay not the biggest ... the 2nd ... but 100,000 PEOPLE AT A COLLEGE GAME???? .... the entire population of State College PA is only 42,000+ .... As soon as the query popped in my head I knew what the answer was. Most were there for the same reason I walked in to that stadium. Beaver Stadium was built in the ‘60’s for 46,000+. Joe Paterno started coaching 1966. They have been making additions ever since. Will PENN STATE fans still fill it now that the major attraction is gone?

I’m should say I'm a PITT grad ..... now you understand my surprise to see 100,000 at a football game! .... Not so long ago the PITT vs. PENN STATE was one of the greatest football rivalries of all time. PITT football has always envied one thing PENN STATE had and now its gone. And most likely will never be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!