Sunday, January 29, 2012

IRRITATING CRAP MY HUSBAND (the GOO man) DOES Or the lengths GOO will go to win a game …a working title ….

Last night turned into an unplanned “Family Game Night”. Youngest stayed in because her car had a flat tire. Ironically, the second one within our family inside a week ….. our mechanic guy now loves us ….. ALSO FODDER FOR A FUTURE GOO TALE!!! SO, there we are in front of the fire, figuring out what game we should all play. Youngest goes to the game closet and picks out “SCRABBLE”. Her and I are on board with: “OMG, have not played that in years!!” GOO grumbles. WHY? GOO is best at competition and can beat any of us in a game of chance, coordination or athletic ability but, when it comes to the thinking games he realizes I’m supreme. He refuses to play me a game of Trivial Pursuit even though I have about four versions of the game with a ½” of dust cover in same game closet.

As we all know “SCRABBLE”, is a game where smarts can win out … however not when you have FIVE ‘A’s on your easel. The momentum swung back to chance and was all GOO’s. Even with that my GOO still traveled on a low road of self-produced “words” and real word challenges.

  • With me now down to FOUR ‘A’s he challenged my “SAX”. Even though I knew it would be in the dictionary I changed it to “SEX”. Still had to keep FOUR ‘A’s though.
  • When he put down “JAX” on a double word score, I looked at daughter to back me up on a challenge … she wasn’t sure and we let it go.
  • When “KRUD” hit the board on a triple word score daughter and knew we needed the dictionary on hand. Sorry GOO …. it was a no go. Then he tried “GRON” same spot …. Bizzzzzzzzzz …. strike TWO …. guess who had the ‘A’ he needed.
  • He then challenged my triple letter “TRODE” … maybe next time GOO I still have 3 ‘A’s.
  • Next GOO turn: “XXXXX”, (daughter and I forgot and GOO won’t Tell us) …. Get it off the board we said.
  • He then challenged another word of mine … sorry GOOO and then my 2 word build-off of “LAVA” into “LAVAS”. Daughter could not back me up on the plural. FYI - it is a word!!!!
  • GOO tries to strike back with a 2 word build-off of his own with “DR” in the mix. Seriously, did he think we were asleep by then.

In the end, FIVE “A”s and a “JAX” finished my superior reign as queen of the “SCRABBLE” board. Wait till next time GOO ….. I’m getting that 20lb dictionary out of the bookcase first.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all the fun I'm missing! We need the new Trivial Pursuit. All of yours still have questions about the USSR in the present tense ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!