Saturday, January 14, 2012

IRRITAGING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES ……. Or THE ways NOT to use to sway your wife into watching the same TV Shows ...a working title

My husband …. the God Of Organization … GOO for short … has an obsession with a newer hit TV show called “The Walking Dead” ….. AND he wants me to watch it too!! He keeps trying to give me the low down on the episodes. I don’t need to hear about the “BARN” OR how the “Walking Dead” surrounded some “heroes” into a corner and now they are flesh eating zombies OR how people do desperate things to survive: a.k.a., the episode where 2 “heroes” running away from a pack of Walking Dead and one “hero” shoots the other “hero” in the leg so he can get away …. WTF???? I don’t want that vision in my head! This show sounds suspiciously like “Night of the Living Dead” only in soap opera form. I’ve seen “Night of the Living Dead” once .... and never again ... in my life …. mostly from behind a pillow …. even then I caught a glimpse of a ghoul eating someone’s intestines ….. how sick is that???? …. I still have that vision in my head from 30 years ago!

Other than the classics, I cannot do the modern horror “entertainment” concept. “The Walking Dead” is the NO. 1 show on cable. Obviously, there is a good part of the populous that enjoys this entertainment. I cannot join them. Too much suspense?? Blood and gore?? …. putting myself in the actors place and imagine myself in that situation for real ?? Some kind of mystical power being hunting me down for supper???? … and if you finally kill the thing that is trying to eat you ….. IT COMES BACK …. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA …… if not at the end of the movie then in parts II, III, IV, V, VI VII …… it never dies … there is no hope …. I must have hope at the end!!!

GOO doesn’t get it … he thinks I also forgot how he tricked me twice into going to see the movies “Poltergeist” & “Creep Show” when we were dating ….. never again … I’m on to him !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!