Saturday, September 15, 2012

IRRITATING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES OR THE MAN THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP ALREADY!!! .... A WORKING TITLE

End of next month I have a big test for my engineering state licensing. I find very little time to actually study .... oh what about now? Can't you see I'm busy .... AND I need pretty close to total silence. I was never one of those who had to have a radio on blasting to study like so many of my peers.

Recently, I have been reading books on the "T" ..... local subway system to some ..... every once in while there are two obnoxious people behind me carrying on some nonsensical conversation just to hear themselves ..... and everyone else around them ...... talk about totally or disgustingly nothing! That would never be my GOO!

GOO is a man of few trivial words. He has no patience for silly conversations and will usually find a way to end them fast. However, our poor disabled little GOO man is home allll week by himself. When the weekend comes and I'm home, he keeps insisting we go somewhere, we do something ... spend money on garden gnomes .... breakfast, lunch, dinner .... even festivals ..... he never did a festival the whole time I've known him!!!

Last Saturday we were taking a long drive ... an hour there and an hour back .... TWO HOURS OF STUDYING I SAID TO MYSELF. I announced to GOO I would be doing just that. So, I brought my BIG book to the car and settled down to concentrate on Differential Equations and Logarithms. Suddenly .......  I hear a voice talking to me about inane subjects .... is that GOO? .... grass cutting, the house going up for sale across the street, what's for dinner ..... five minutes into the car ride and I had to remind him of my planned study time. Of course,  he got all indignant ... it wasn't like my study opportunity was a secret BEFORE we got in the car !!!!!! What did he think I was doing with the 10 lb, five inch thick book?

 OK so he's mad .... at least he is quiet. ...... BUT WAIT ... he turns up the radio .... I won't let it shake my concentration while I differentiate this equation ..... he starts singing with the song "Free Falling" .... to find the velocity and position of this imaginary particle of matter in a three dimensional system only knowing the acceleration  .... oh know he is harmonizing with Tom Petty on the chorus ....... of a gravitational system that obviously cannot be earth's and  ................  
SHUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUPPPP!!!!!!!!

My book is on the floor but I can definitely say there was total silence.

1 comment:

  1. Oh now, Mama, you know it wasn't about going to some festival. He just wanted to spend time with YOU! He spends all his time with Clay and Clay isn't the best conversationalist. Believe me, I've tried!

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!