Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!

"People have grown fond of me, like some old building."

Probably my most favorite actress of all times .... Katharine Hepburn. 4 time Oscar winner, lover of many a famous man and a true stalwart Connecticut Yankee. She worked well into her 80's and lived till she was 96 years old.

"I don't regret anything I've ever done; As long as I enjoyed it at the time. "

With my mom ... who made me into an old movie buff .... I had to first see Kate in either “Stage Door” ….. with Ginger Rodgers, Adolphe Menjou, Lucille Ball, Eve Arden and Ann Miller … or maybe it was “Bring Up Baby” ….with Carey Grant …. Either way she out shown them all …. Yes even Baby! ... and made an impression on me early in life.

"I find a woman's point of view much grander and finer than a man's."

She wasn’t typical poster girl pretty only because she did not want to be. Though blessed with classic features she chose to be more remembered for speaking her mind and negotiating things on her terms. She exuded an unorthodox ultra feminine feminist style with strength and self-assurity that could never be captured in a pinup girl of the times. I always had the feeling men were slightly afraid of her. Still it made her all the more attractive.

"I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be inferior."

I like to think I’ve learned to imitate her sarcastic wit and intellectual charm I admired. I can only hope to imitate her long life, ageless/timeless beauty, undisturbed way of existence and the respect she attained.

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!