Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day ... A Day to Remember


I know I said I would try NOT to post the same thing as any of the other blogs I read but this is an exception ........ Pictured is Christopher Barton. He is the son of another blogger from another site I read often ..... I don't think she reads here but it doesn't matter ........ From what I read he died in Afghanistan on Monday, May 24, 2010. His mom goes by the name This.Army.Mom and has a site she writes on ... it may have been a Facebook .... about him. I visited it once when she left a link on TheDirtyDisher blog site.


I personally do not know this woman but, I could tell she was very proud of him. I don't think she will mind he is on my site too. I believe she would want as many people as possible to know what her son gave for his/our country. A scholarship has been set-up for that purpose .. click here.


Here is wishing the Barton family well and wholeness and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!