Saturday, May 8, 2010

little petty "IRRATATING CRAP MY HUSBAND DOES"…. a working title


I grew up with a dishwasher in my childhood home. My husband never did. SO, I tell “Fred Flintstone” …. he’ll go back to “God Of Organization” (G.O.O.) later …. even Wilma had a Wooly Mammoth that high pressure hosed down the dishes. You can say when I married him (G.O.O) I was dragged back to beyond the Ice Age … based on the Wooly Mammoth sighting in Wilma’s kitchen!

For years he gave me the same sad excuse … from some stored away book of excuses on Mt Olympus probably …… as to why we could not install a dishwasher in our present kitchen. My favorite?: “We’re moving.” …this is another rant for another time ….. so why put more money into a house we are leaving? 10 plus years later … you guess it …. I’m still here.

3 years ago I decided since “We’re moving” a dishwasher would actually be a selling point. Without any more discussions with G.O.O. I bought the dishwasher and hired the people to install it. He wasn’t happy and thus the real reason came forth … he saw no need for a dishwasher. And the battle began. He won’t use it!!!!!!!!!! He would rather wash the dishes by hand and dry them gulp! with a towel …. I don’t what it dried before hand either, yuck ... yuck .... yuck ……. He has actually taken dirty dishes that I put in, out of the dishwasher and washed them. I have been reduced to sneaking the dishes into my appliance and turning it on before I leave for work in the morning, all so he doesn't try to do them while I'm gone.
I thought I had a good pile of dishes this morning but he rushed in and washed them! He is a sick man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!