Friday, February 12, 2010

I HAD A FARM IN AFRICA ......

I am sure you did not forget that Valentine’s Day is Sunday? Any plans?

Husband and I will probably exchange cards and go out to dinner. I tell him every year DO NOT BUY ME CANDY! Don’t you know I get the biggest heart shaped box the drug store has to offer every year. Hey, everyday is Valentine’s Day around here my husband tells me. Uuuuhhh yea … read the post below and you will see who matters most in this home!

If I want to sense that romancey feeling I can always live vicariously through a movie any time of year. There is the new “Valentine’s Day” movie but, it looks like too much over stimulation from too many love stories. My old favorites? Glad you asked. Here’s a few off the top of my head:

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) – I cried so much at the end of this one (it may have been postpartum, too??). To think they waited so long till she died to be together. Where’s my tissues?

The Way We Were (1973) – THE classic. Didn’t you just want them to run away to be together again after the scene where she sweeps his hair. Maybe the tissues are in the bathroom.

Out of Africa (1985) – Redford … a common thread. She falls in love with him and Africa and loses both. Trying the linen closet.

Pride and Prejudice (2005) – Is it the romanticism of the time period or that there is true love in store for both older Bennet sisters. The rain scene where he first unexpectedly proposes and the sunrise scene is how we all want it to happen. Oh it is on tonight at 10 pm. Now I HAVE to go to store for tissues.

4 comments:

  1. What...no "When Harry met Sally"? I could watch that movie over & over! I like laughter with my romance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have added more SOOOO many more!!!!

    I considered a Meg Ryan film though: Sleepless in Seattle

    I was trying to think of the ones that made me weepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was 13, my first romance movie was "Wuthering Heights",made in 1970 with Timothy Dalton! Ooooooo, I had a super crush on him then! I found this on youtube.com, it gives you an idea of why I fell in love with him! Hope the link works, I also love the music this clip is set to, Christina Aguilera's "Hurt":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ZBzCz3cEA&feature=fvw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw that WH version. I also remember Timothy Dalton most from a PBS Jane Eyre series. Yes he had my heart go pit pat.

    After his try at Bond he seems to have disappered.

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!