Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday – Go SAINTS!

S COLTS AND SAINTS S

Super Bowl Sunday has somehow become a national holiday. It does not however make me un-patriotic when I first say I am not really a sports fan. The only way I would watch the game with any interest is if the home team is playing. So, today I plan to walk back into the room for the….. Yep I’m one of those …. commercials. The commercial replays will be shown just as much as the actual winning team plays on Monday. So, I have to be well informed do I not!

Second, though I will not be watching intently, I will be rooting (from the kitchen maybe) for the New Orleans Saints. Why would I, a dispassionate football fan, want New Orleans to win? Simply, I am all about the underdog! Has anybody looked at the playoff record of this team? It is SAD. Sad to be in a league for FORTY years and never have gone to the big dance. My home team has been there more than enough. We are getting greedy! There I said it. (Now, how will I ever show my face again?) New Orleans almost lost their football team to the vultures that swooped in after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Superdome. New Orleans has never been to the Super Bowl and it is time to give the city and team their due opportunity. Yeah Saints! ... I'm doing a herky now!

Ironically, Archie Manning, the father of Peyton Manning(who already won a SuperBowl!!!) the QB for the "other" team, ...... started and spent most of his NFL career as the QB of the Saints for 10 years. He still lives there too. Could Archie be secretly wishing for a Saints win?

I'm taking votes for your favorite commercial ....

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! The Saints are Super Bowl Champs!

    My favorite commercials were the one with Letterman, Oprah & Leno. The other one I liked was "Punxatawny Polamalu"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have not have been the most cleverly worded but for the “surprise” factor alone Letterman, Oprah and Leno may get my top vote.

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!