Friday, February 26, 2010

I had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account.........

Conan O’Brien is back. Weeeeelll, sort of. O’Brien has taken his show to Twitter. On his account opened Wednesday, his Twitter picture shows him with a monkey on his back and looking destitute. …..HA HA….. Clever, but I’ve never been a Conan fan. When the first late night shake-up happened in 1993, Conan a virtually unknown comic to American culture took over Dave Letterman’s spot. I followed Dave. Tried on Conan a few times. He never seemed to fit my comic type wit. I thought he was too goofy and slap stick. I hate slap stick it is sooooo predictable. …It was okay for comedy of the ‘20’s – 60’s …… So far O'Brien has 2 tweets: “This morning I watched Remington Steele while eating Sugar Smacks out of a salad bowl. I was naked.” & “Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me.” …with 370k+ followers in 2 days. My daughter did tell me he was more popular than I thought.

I could not understand NBC’s decision to give him the “TONIGHT Show” other than he was there. I remember the days of Johnny Carson when the show had a sophisticated sense of humor. Leno seemed to continue the trend. Conan … errrrr ….. I admit I did not watch because I pictured the sophistication style ushered out of the sound stage. Do I think what NoBrainConduction did in the Conan/Leno fiasco? No! They gave him the show. It was his show to make it a hit or miss. Obviously the decision makers of NBC decided they were ready to go in a new direction. Hmmmm ....you know ....... he looks better in a beard!

4 comments:

  1. Now that you know Twitter exists, you should check this guy out:

    http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

    It's this dude that quotes his dad all the time. Come to think of it, you and daddy say some pretty choice things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean "now that I know Twitter exists"? I up on the techno, i'm hip, i'm happenin', I'M A BLOG OWNER Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, hip? happenin'? That language is definitely from the late 60's!

    Twitter, ain't that what the birds do in the morning after you are out all night drinkin'??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my daughter got the joke. maybe not

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!