Saturday, February 27, 2010

No Thank You ... I'M NOT BUYING ANY BRIDGES TODAY......

A 38 year old mystery solved. Carly Simon inadvertently reveals the case cracking clue. "The Sun Of London" has deciphered the “You’re so Vain” mystery man evidence and ……. it is not ANY of the prime suspects! The new clue in the case is Carly saying the man’s first name backwards in her re-released version of the song. The egotist is ... ARE YOU READY? ....... record/film/theatrical producer DAVID GEFFEN. ….who? … how? … why? … when? …. That's what I say! The story unfolds Geffen, who has always been openly gay, was Simon’s boss at Elektra/Asylum Records in 1972. Apparently, Carly became jealous of the attention Geffen was showering on to her then rival Joni Mitchell and HER music. According to the "SUN" it all fits ... Hallelujah!!!!

I don’t know if I’m buying this tent, Omar! Simon has been known to mislead before. As a matter of fact, "Vanity Fair" published a list of Simon’s previous candid disclosures through the years:

  • 1973: Simon tells Rolling Stone she “can’t possibly tell who it’s about because it wouldn’t be fair.”
  • 1983: Ten years later she admits to the Washington Post that the song “certainly sounds like it was about Warren Beatty. He certainly thought it was about him.”
  • 1989: Fame magazine reports, “For the record, Simon acknowledges the song is a little about Beatty; it’s a composite of three men from her L.A. days.”
  • 1990:“I can never give it away,” Simon to VH1. & Simon also says later: “It’s about the young Oprah Winfrey.”
  • 1994: Simon: “I think it’s a very attractive man. I think it’s a very complicated man who is obviously concerned with his image, but obviously worthy of my love or my interest. I don’t LOVE just anyone. You know, he’s gotta have a certain amount of character. If he was only vain it would be boring, but there’s a lot more to him. He hobknobs with the underworld.”
  • 2001: “I could never really solve it because if I did, then no one would have anything to talk to me about.”
  • 2003: Dick Ebersol gives his letter "e" clue.
  • 2004: Carly gives the letter "a" clue.

One "Vanity Fair" missed was Carly's letter "r" clue given to Regis Philbin. One clue the "Sun" missed: with the name "David" there are reports the name "Warren" can be heard backwards also ....... I really do not want it to be Warren!

I personally cannot accept as truth after all these decades it's David Geffen. The song was about a jilted romance. I hear it, I feel it and see it in the "clouds in my coffee". The boss not noticing your genius? That song is called "Take This Job And Shove It"! Maybe I'm wrong but one thing I know for sure is ..... Carly Simon is having way too much fun with this for it to ever end.

2 comments:

  1. You are obsessed with this! I always figured it was Mick Jagger myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just happened to be in the news.

    Yesterday's UPDATE: Simon says to news agency its soooo NOT David Geffen.

    ReplyDelete

I am not a prudey girl but, keep it somewhat clean. Of course, stay on topic unless, "DUH", it is an OPEN post. No threats or disparaging remarks to those that disagree with you. Silly and redundant comments going to a place where the post was not intended will be deleted. Good old "Common Sense" is always welcome! If you are having trouble defining Common Sense then maybe this is not the place for YOU!